Watermelon juice is an easy introduction to the juicing lifestyle. In this episode I even show you how to make it without a juicer. It is so easy!
What can watermelon juice do for you?
- It is great for detoxification – because of the high water content in “water”melon your body uses it to help rid your system of unwanted water and even bloating.
- Easy on the digestive track – potassium in watermelon acts as an electrolyte in the body and helps balance the bodies water retention in the stomach. So it’s great for the symptoms of diarrhea. Careful not to overdo it, there is still a fair amount of sugar in watermelon.
- Watermelon Juice is a great replacement for sports drinks – because of watermelons potassium and magnesium content it is great for muscle recovery and soreness.
- Promotes a healthy immune system – like a lot of fresh fruits and veggies watermelon has lots of vitamin C which targets inflammation in the body and helps fight off colds, flu, and yes, even certain cancers!
3 cups Fresh Cut Watermelon
15 oz. of Organic Coconut Water 8 oz. of Plain Water
1/2 tsp of sea salt
Blend all ingredients in blender. Consume with pulp or strain. To strain use a tea towel in container pour juice through and let it drip through. Gently twisting to get all juice out.
- Store in glass container in fridge
- Refrigerate and serve chilled or over ice
- Can keep in fridge for 1-3 days but will need to be shaken or stirred before serving
- Perfect for parties, bridal showers, baby showers, or brunch
- Crush mint in a mortar & pestle and add for an extra yummy goodness