Please DO NOT share this link with anyone, it is designed for those that are under the supervision of Leslie Nance, Holistic Nutritionist. Thank you!
Starter Soup –
By now you know that we are working to get more plants into your diet. I like to start that process by introducing you to what I like to call starter soup. It is possible that you might have some detoxification symptoms while eating this soup 1 meal for 7 days. If you feel any discomfort please text me 970-775-0012. To be enjoyed 1-2 cups at a time hot or cold. Please reheat on the stove top when available and try not to microwave the soup. You can print the recipe from this page.
As part of a whole plant dominate diet, this soup is a great reset for your new lifestyle. Please use fresh ingredients and organic when you can. Do not use canned vegetables other than he recipe list.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup organic celery, chopped
- 1 cup organic carrots, chopped
- 1 cup organic shallot or organic onion chopped
- 1 cup organic summer squash, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup organic red potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup organic parsley, chopped
- 1 1 15 oz can organic kidney beans
- 1 1 15 oz can organic garbanzo beans
- 1 28 oz can organic, fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- water to cover ingredients in pot
- 4-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup organic spinach or organic kale, packed
- salt and pepper to taste
In a stock pot heat olive oil. Add celery, carrots and onion. Cook until onions are slightly translucent.
Add all ingredient to the spinach. Cover with water and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and cook on low for 1 hour covered, stirring occasionally.
Uncover add spinach and taste. Add salt and pepper to taste. Go slow and careful not to over salt.
Serve hot or cold. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Can add these dried or fresh herbs for more flavor...